Establishing a local presence for your business in Edinburgh will allow you to break into a local market with greater ease. Having an 0131 virtual number allows you to be located wherever you choose and still appear as though you are centrally located in Edinburgh.
Most people prefer to purchase services or products from companies that are in their local area, therefore you can build relationships with your clients built on trust and confidence, without the need to spend more money on opening an actual office in Edinburgh.
- Benefits Of Using An 0131 Edinburgh Number
- Area Code Information
- Standard Features
- Premium Features
- Why Flower Telecom?
- Expand business opportunities within a local market, without the need to be there in person.
- If you will be advertising locally, then it makes sense to give customers a local number to call.
- Keep track of which ads are performing best and generating the most enquiries and calls.
- 0131 numbers are charged at a normal landline rate, making it free or cheap for clients to call you.
- Have your number activated the same day if you purchase it before 5pm UK time.
- Save money on opening an office and work from wherever you like.
- If you move abroad, or to a different part of the UK you can take your 0131 number with you.
|0131 Area Code Edinburgh - Information|
|County:||City of Edinburgh|
|Call charges:||Standard landline rate|
|Area code needed for local calls:||No|
|Length of local number:||7 digits|
|Number format:||0131 xxx xxxx|
|International number format:||+44 131 xxx xxxx|
|Last known code change:||April 1995 (previously 031)|
Every telephone number starting with 0131 are part of the Edinburgh area code. This includes 01312 numbers, 01313 numbers, 01314 numbers, 01315 numbers, 01316 numbers, 01317 numbers and all other numbers that start with the digits 0131, in spite of how the number is displayed or what the following digits are.
- Davidson's Mains
- South Queensferry
- Wester Hailes
- Call statistics – Our online portal allows you to monitor how your 0131 number is performing in real time.
- Instant call re-routing – Change where your numbers routes to at any time using our self-service portal.
- Opening Hours – Divert calls to different numbers for different times of day. Set up a mobile divert or voicemail for when you are closed.
- Voicemail to Email – To make sure you never miss an important message, this feature allows you to have voicemails sent directly to your email.
- Missed Call Alert – Stay informed about who has tried to contact you whilst you were out, via the missed call alert feature.
- Divert calls to your mobile – Take calls on your mobile when you are out of the office, or if you're always on the move.
- Call Whisper – A voice prompt will tell that someone is calling your 0131 number, so that you can answer with a specific business or service name.
- Call Recording – Downloading recordings of your calls allows you to use them for training new staff. Calls can be recorded and stored for 30 days on our online portal.
- Interactive Menu – A virtual menu lets callers select an option by pressing a number from 1-10, ensuring that they are connected to the right person efficiently.
- Personalised Greeting – Callers will be welcomed with a personalised greeting message using our Play Audio feature, providing an excellent first impression for your business.
- Call Queuing – Hold callers in a virtual waiting line until you are available to take the call, instead of disconnecting them or sending them to voicemail.
- Call Barring – Prevent nuisance callers from being able to phone you.
- Mid Call Transfer – You can effortlessly transfer a call internally and externally by using this feature. Simply press the hash key and the call can be transferred.
- Hunt Groups – Relying on one person to answer the phone is not as effective as pointing it up to 7 different targets. The first person to answer will handle the call.
- Multiple Time Zones – An enhanced version of our Opening Hours feature, allowing you to do business in multiple time zones with international clients. Set up pointing for different times across various time zones.
- Affordably monthly line rental – Set up your virtual landline number for less than you think.
- No connection fee – Select from our range of numbers with zero set-up fee.
- Short-term contracts – Our 12 month agreements make sure you don't tie yourself down for life.
- Itemised bills – Keep an eye on your spending through our itemised billing system.
- No hidden costs – All charges are clearly laid out for you on our website.
- Same day activation – Your 0131 number will be activated immediately after you purchase, meaning it can be set up and used the same day.
- Outstanding call quality – We always ensure outstanding call quality for our customers.
500minutes diverted to landlineexcess minutes 3ppm
250minutes diverted to landline or mobileexcess minutes 3ppm
1000minutes diverted to landlineexcess minutes 3ppm
500minutes diverted to landline or mobileexcess minutes 3ppm
2000minutes diverted to landlineexcess minutes 3ppm
750minutes diverted to landline or mobileexcess minutes 3ppm
Select Your Number
Virtual Landlines in the Edinburgh Area
- Bathgate (01506)
- Dunfermline (01383)
- Glasgow (0141)
- Stirling (01786)
- Kirkcaldy (01592)
Frequently Asked Questions
You can purchase an 0131 number for the city of Edinburgh directly from the Flower Telecom website. All you need to do is select your preferred number from the list above, and then your preferred call allowance. That's it!
No. You can have an 0131 number pointing to your existing telephone number.
Yes, the beauty of virtual numbers is that you can be anywhere you like and still appear as though you are in Edinburgh.
You can keep the same 0131 number indefinitely. Even if you move areas, you can keep the same number.
Yes. We have plenty of 0131 numbers to choose from on our website. Simply scroll through the options above to choose your perfect number.